Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My own Lost theory

Since you know many, I am corrupted of Lost, series that begins his last period tomorrow. It was difficult to me to decide to see it very much but the circumstances facilitated that it was gobbling it in a very little time up to the 4th period. The fifth one I already saw it as the episodes went being released. And I wait with big anxiety for the new period.

I could not have avoided, imagined than like all the faithful, to try to discover how it will finish the series. I have a proposal and I feel like sharing it. I do not have it nor designs if it will go round there or not. But yes that I warn you to that you do not like reading theories that you do not continue (and let's not say already those that you have not come at the end of the 5th one). I do not have it nor designs if he has published or not theories similar to mine because I belong to those that he denies to himself to read them.

The end of the 5th period supposed one I break with the last episode with Jacob's appearance. It seems obvious that the history has to take a draft. At least, the interests of the people have changed. Preguntémonos why.

Till now it was worrying us; how can happen the things that happen in the island? What happens is that, in the moment in which we accept that there is a species of divine or semidivine beings who control the island, this question stops having importance. That's why the spectators (at least the people that I know) now worry about the ending of the protagonists; will they have to sacrifice themselves? Will they return to the point where they were without know and as if nothing had happened?

Let's give a step backwards and hagámonos two key questions; what do we know? and: Of what has the series gone really?

We know that the island is controlled by two antagonistic personages where, at least one of them, there is corporizado, at least once, in a dead person. We know for the trailer that everything has been a species of game of chess, where the protagonists have been only pieces. He remains reinforced by two elements; it obviated one, the trailer of the sixth period. Much subtler other and that demonstrates that the ending is clear from the first; the Nankin game (is it called this way?) that John plays with Walt. Is it chance that Jacob and “other” is dressed by one of black and other in target? And that John is white and plays, precisely, with the black child? I doubt it.

And on what has it gone really? Let's do an effort to forget the aventuritas, the clash between “natives“ and “others”, atomic bombs, pirates … In my opinion, if naked Lost, what stays is; reason vs. faith. He would say more; the perpetual clash between Jack (reason) and John (faith). Not only that, the first episode of the second period, as announcement of the real subject-matter of this cycle of episodes, there is entitled scientist, man of faith.

And now what do we have? It turns out that we meet two conflicting divinities, like John and Jack. Moreover, one of them is corporeizado in John. This corporeización has "killed" Jacob (that in the last episode they have presented us a little like the causer of the evil). And here the following logical step comes, for me; if John and Jack have symbolized the clash, John is now “other one” divinity (I do not know how it is called) and Jacob has lost his body … Jack will "assume" Jacob's role and will face definitely John.

What happens is that Jacob has been presented like the villain and that is incompatible in spite of granting this roll to Jack. I know by intuition that this is only another trick of the series and that they will end up by turning it. In fact, let's not forget that the (resuscitated) father and Jack's sister run for the island. It seems very probable that they play a key role in this change.

And what luck will the protagonists cover? If you me it ask like spectator about my answer it is “I do not have it nor designs” and I die to know if Jack and Kate will finish together (the same I feel for the rest of plots). I incline for thinking that they will finish together. I see difficultly to justify (although not impossible) the this idea that have commented to me that could return to the point where they knew about forced form and should live through his lives as if they were not known. I incline for thinking that they will go out with some short song that they will not have insinuated but not expressed clearly in order to we surprised.

But if the question you do it of how will the protagonists finish to me like scriptwriter; it is irrelevant. Any end is valid. And nobody is going to finish unsatisfied according to the end of the personages if the important thing (what I propose like clash between Jack and Locke, but that could be another thing) is well raised. The only thing that I see forced (and I admit that it does not have why to be like that) is that it has to finish well.

What does to finish well mean? Very well, that finish happy, that have learned something of this process although they should not remember anything. It can be simply, even without being known, Jack and Kate are turned as if the face they was sounding and that was allowing them to reconstruct his ruined lives. The fiction has these things …

Solutions there is thousand; from expositions some trasnochados type Matrix (the whole world is a lie of these two divinities or of his "parents"), an indicative sleep in full flight that closes the series of circular form, or that they lower a Gods' heap to the purest style Jasón and the Argonauts (do you remember those gods moving the human beings in a board as if there were pieces of a game?) …

Anyway, the scriptwriters have ahead the highest risk of falling down in a Deus ex-crane, of which I have already said often that it is necessary to flee as of the pest. Talking each other of Lost and of it weighed that the faithful are / are, much more. I have already explained it one day, but just in case you have landed here for the first time, a Deus ex-crane is a solution without cause, as if God was going down and extracting us of the entanglement. In fiction, everything has to have his cause. Nothing of takes narrative short cuts. And when you have so to hand divine beings, as it says the title, The temptation lives above and it is very strong.

We will see already with what we surprise his creators. I do not know where I listened / I read / they said to me that, when J.J. Abrams assembled the scriptwriters the first day said to them; “This is the history of a few types that get lost in an island in which rare things happen and in the end what it spends is …”. So, judging by the imagination of the personage, the thing promises. 17 chapters and the answer.

P.D.: Looking for images of Jack and John I have been that one of the most recognized theories go in the direction that I indicate. What I have not seen is that they have done it from a point of view especially of script (as it is my case). It is possible that we all are coming to similar conclusions for different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment